Monday, August 6, 2007

Jessica's Top 5

Hey, I'm Jessica, and I'm so excited to be a blogger on Braesan. My friends and I email each other cool stuff we find on the web all the time, so it will be great to share with a wider audience.

MY TOP 5
1. goodyblog.com: As a parent, I love this website by Parents magazine. Updated several times a day, it has that perfect blend of news (that I care about), cool sites that parents will love, and kitschy parents & kids stuff.

2. tmz.com: I admit it, I am a pop culture buff. As an avid reader of TMZ for over a year, I can honestly say that it never gets old. Who needs pop culture rags or TV shows when you can read and watch it instantly online?

3. slate.com: I like to stay up on the news, but I also like smart writing, which is why Slate is perfect for me. They ask the questions I always wanted to know (in Explainer) and cover the news with a wry sense of humor and unabashed reporting style that I can't get enough of.

4. mugglenet.com: Because I, like my daughter, am totally obsessed with Harry Potter (yes, I've read all 7 books, seen all the movies, and been to HP parties), I love this site for keeping me up to date on the latest HP info.

5. visualthesaurus.com: So this site may not excite most of you, but to a writer/editor like me, it's awesome! You have to buy a subscription to see the full product, but you can try it out for free. Instead of giving you a list of words that mean the same thing, it maps them out and shows how they connect, which ends up giving you far more choices and being much more dynamic and useful than a desk thesaurus. Trust me, it's really cool. Try it ... I dare you!

--Jessica

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi!
Thank you so much for including goodyblog! You guys rock!
Judy from goodyblog....