Wednesday, August 8, 2007

bare skin



I just recently switched all my make-up to the Bare Escentuals brand. I have to say I LOVE it! I've heard that a lot of women really love it, so I've been wanting to try it for a while. I was using Merle Norman, but I really didn't like the feel of it at all and found myself wanting to wash it all off by afternoon. It was just too much make-up for me. The Bare Minerals is perfect because it is so lightweight and very natural looking. I have sensitive skin, so this works perfect! It comes in a powder form, which makes it easier to put on and create a more even look, and you will never have that awful make-up line under your chin like you would with liquid foundation. Plus it's fast and easy to use, so this week alone I've gotten to wear make-up three days! That's a rarity these days with an active toddler. I usually don't have time for anything! Another reason I love it, it comes with a DVD that tells you exactly how to put it on to get the best look from it. The eyeshadow kit has a card too that gives you step-by-step instructions to create different looks. The make-up challenged person in me really appreciates this!!

I bought the starter kit and then went back after I decided I liked it and got some eyeshadow and some brushes. I bought an eyeshadow kit, iQuad Eyeshadow Compact Quad. This one comes with four colors (one is also an eyeliner powder). I like it because I can create several different looks with it, and the colors are natural tones, which is what I tend to wear a lot. I really like the looks I've been able to get with this kit.

Also, raise your hand if you are like me and you don't get enough sleep. Ah, yes, that's what I thought--all of you are sitting at your computers with your hands up, lol! Well, you can also purchase this powder separately called Well-Rested, to help lighten your eyes underneath. It makes you appear to have a wide-awake, very alert look when you really just want to crawl back into your bed. Your boss will appreciate your alertness.

---Brandi

No comments: